A STUDENT EMBARK ON HELPING STREET BOYS
Find Moses Mutuma a first year student at Mount Kenya University Nkubu campus who has started an initiative to help street boys in Meru town.
Moses popularly known as mose and who is pursuing diploma in procurement says he started the program in January this year after seeing the number of street boys in Meru town shooting up, and therefore decided to engage them when he is not in class. `I meets them three times a week around Tuskys supermarket in Meru town, where I does counseling to them since many are into drugs and then advice those below ten years to enroll to school which is difficult since I have no resources to fund their enrollment”, narrates Mose.However,he says he do not have a registered number of them and therefore works with only who are able to cooperate.
On management,Mose says he has been spending the little money he has been earning but now things are getting worse since he is now in school and no longer working as before. `I have been spending the little coin I have had but now it is becoming almost impossible to progress since I am no longer working”, He tells. According to him he has discovered so impacts of his efforts since quite a number of the boys have heeded to his advice and have accepted to return to their relatives and have enrolled to school. Further he says those who he has advised have reformed and are now better but he expects more as there are still more boys in the streets.
There is no iniative without challenges and Mose could not hide the hardships he is facing. He says lack funds and other resources has been the greatest challenges so far.``I feel if I was stable enough, I would personally enroll these boys to school on my own; but now I am forced to depend on help from churches and people of good will I get in churches since I have not been able to receive any help from government”, explains Mose.He therefore pleads to well-wishers to help him with clothes and shoes for boys aged 10-13 years.Onother challenge according to him is lack of cooperation from these boys especially when they have not taken food since even food for them is a great challenge.
Finally Mose is warning that the nation is losing generations if at all no measure is not going to be taken for boys since they are the ones strolling in large numbers in the streets. Therefore he says his dream and greatest pleasure is to see these young boys making it in life
Find Moses Mutuma a first year student at Mount Kenya University Nkubu campus who has started an initiative to help street boys in Meru town.
Moses popularly known as mose and who is pursuing diploma in procurement says he started the program in January this year after seeing the number of street boys in Meru town shooting up, and therefore decided to engage them when he is not in class. `I meets them three times a week around Tuskys supermarket in Meru town, where I does counseling to them since many are into drugs and then advice those below ten years to enroll to school which is difficult since I have no resources to fund their enrollment”, narrates Mose.However,he says he do not have a registered number of them and therefore works with only who are able to cooperate.
On management,Mose says he has been spending the little money he has been earning but now things are getting worse since he is now in school and no longer working as before. `I have been spending the little coin I have had but now it is becoming almost impossible to progress since I am no longer working”, He tells. According to him he has discovered so impacts of his efforts since quite a number of the boys have heeded to his advice and have accepted to return to their relatives and have enrolled to school. Further he says those who he has advised have reformed and are now better but he expects more as there are still more boys in the streets.
There is no iniative without challenges and Mose could not hide the hardships he is facing. He says lack funds and other resources has been the greatest challenges so far.``I feel if I was stable enough, I would personally enroll these boys to school on my own; but now I am forced to depend on help from churches and people of good will I get in churches since I have not been able to receive any help from government”, explains Mose.He therefore pleads to well-wishers to help him with clothes and shoes for boys aged 10-13 years.Onother challenge according to him is lack of cooperation from these boys especially when they have not taken food since even food for them is a great challenge.
Finally Mose is warning that the nation is losing generations if at all no measure is not going to be taken for boys since they are the ones strolling in large numbers in the streets. Therefore he says his dream and greatest pleasure is to see these young boys making it in life
Moses Mutuma alongside his boys at Meru town.

Comments
Post a Comment